BASF Total Petrochemicals, LLC

Located in Port Arthur, Texas, this joint venture of Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc (40%) and BASF Corporation (60%) consists of three plants including one of the world’s largest naphtha steam crackers, which transforms crude oil and natural gas into chemical building blocks for many consumer and industrial goods.

See the website

MIT Energy Initiative

In 2009, Total entered into a research agreement with The Massachusetts Institute of Technology Energy Initiative (MITEI), a program committed to working on complex energy challenges through multidisciplinary research activities. MITEI is investigating new stationary battery technology that could help expand the use of America's wind and solar power resources, increase the stability of the electric grid, and reduce blackouts by allowing large amounts of energy to be stored for future consumption.

See the website

Navistar

In early 2015, Total & Navistar entered into an agreement to have Total be the only co-branded lubricant in partnership with Navistar, one of the largest international truck and bus manufacturers in the world.  Their rich heritage extends over 150 years and includes iconic brands such as International Harvester, McCormick Harvesting and Deering Harvesting.    

The partnership, which will include having Total produce and package FLEETRITE (Navistar’s private label lubricants) exclusively, will be introduced to all as FLEETRITE enginee.red by TOTAL.  To highlight the global scale of this partnership, we will soon launch a similar program in Canada and discussions are underway with Brazil, Russia and New Zealand.

See the website

Our E&P Partners

Chesapeake Energy Corporation

In 2009, Total E&P USA, Inc entered into unconventional shale development through a joint venture transaction with Chesapeake Exploration, L.L.C., a subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy Corporation ("Chesapeake"), acquiring a 25% interest in Chesapeake's Barnett Shale assets. In November 2011, TEP USA completed a second joint venture agreement with Chesapeake (and affiliates of its partner EnerVest Ltd) in which TEP USA acquired a 25% share in Chesapeake and EnerVest's liquids-rich area of the Utica shale.
 
 

Cobalt International Energy

In 2009, TEP USA entered into an agreement with Cobalt International Energy, L.P., forming the basis of a strategic alliance for deep water exploration in the Gulf of Mexico. Building on complementary competencies to successfully explore and develop a combined portfolio, this venture provides access to large number of prospects, mainly sub-salt, similar in nature to major discoveries in this area.
 
TEP USA owns a 40% working interest in the 2012 North Platte discovery. Cobalt is the operator and owns the remaining 60%. North Platte was discovered by the Cobalt-TEP USA alliance and is currently in the appraisal stage.
 
 

Chevron Corporation

TEP USA owns a 17% working interest in the Tahiti field. Chevron is the operator with a 58% interest. The remaining 25% is owned by Statoil. The Tahiti field was discovered in 2002 and consists of five blocks in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico: Green Canyon 596, 597, 640, 641 and 684.
 
 

Petrobras

TEP USA owns a 33.33% working interest in the Chinook field. Petrobras is the operator and owns the remaining 66.67%. Chinook was discovered in 2003 and consists of four blocks in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico: Walker Ridge 425, 426, 469 and 470. Located approximately 225 miles south of New Orleans, in ultra deep water exceeding 8,500 ft, the subsea wells were drilled to a total depth of approximately 27,000 ft (Lower Tertiary formation). This innovative development introduced the first Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO) to the US Gulf of Mexico.